Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Stairmageddon" is the nineteenth episode of the ninth season of the American television comedy series "The Office" and is the show's 195th episode overall. It aired on April 11, 2013.
In the episode, "Stairmaggedon" strikes the office when the elevator goes out and everyone is forced to take the stairs. Dwight forces Stanley to do an important sales call. Pam and Jim find comfort in talking with Nellie and Toby about marital troubles. Meanwhile, Angela stands by her man.
Stanley is seen walking to work, and is abruptly disturbed about the sign on the elevator, which reads, "Elevator out of service, this is an inconvenience." Erin happily walks in and exclaims that it is Stairmageddon and cheers Stanley up the steps enthusiastically. Dwight is having maintenance done on the elevator. A review of the documentary is published, as told by Andy. Oscar reads the review aloud for everyone to hear. As soon as Stanley is done clambering up the steps, Dwight tells him that they are going on a sales call. Nelly eavesdrops on Pam, who is talking to her mother. Pam explains that she will be watching her children tonight for her and Jim. Outside, they talk and it is revealed they are going to a marriage counselling class for their obvious straining relationship. Toby and Jim talk about marriage counselling as well and Jim explains that he and Pam are having problems. She doesn't like that Jim does certain things without her consent, and that she has to, in a sense, catch up. In contrast, Jim says that he wouln't be married to her if he hadn't done things without telling her and if she can hold on a while longer, things will turn out to be great. Angela meets with the Senator. Dwight reveals a case of bull tranquilizers, and goes to Stanley, shooting him with three tranquilzers on the torso. They strap him up in bubblewrap, "Evel Knievel style" and push him down stairs covered in cardboard to act as a slide. Angela is seen on screen with the senator, who announces that he is gay. Lipton recognizes Oscar as one who helped the him accept that he was gay, but Lipton also recongizes the Chief of Staff, Wesley Silver, who he has also been seeing, to Oscar's shock. Clark and Dwight have to struggle getting Stanley into the car. Andy meets a man who has a Saint Bernard, a cat ontop the dog, and a mouse ontop the cat. The man says there "isn't a point" in naming the mice because he goes through so many. A drowsy Stanley spurts out random phrases, particularly rally about the children in the pictures. Back at Toby's office, Jim expresses that if Pam doesn't want to move the family to Philly, they will need a lot more than just counselling. Pam confirms that she refuses to move to Philladelphia. Nelly and Toby agree they are very yappy. As Jim and Pam walk to their car, Jim rubs Pam shoulder, as if to reassure her, then they both get in their car. Andy is accepted as a client of a talent agent/real estate broker and has to pay only $5000.00 for the honor.
- Andy mentions wanting to be this years Lisa Loeb, a pop singer-songwriter famous for her mid-nineties hits "Stay (I Missed You)," "Do You Sleep?" and "I Do."
Connections to previous episodesEdit
- in "Weight Loss" Stanley chooses to take the stairs on the daily.
- Andy meets a man who has a Saint Bernard, which is a breed of dog. Andy's last name also happens to be Bernard.
- The official Office Jim Halpert "GetGlue" sticker was released alongside the episode.
- This is the first episode we actually see Michael Scott in since Goodbye, Michael.
- Ed Helms as Andy Bernard
- John Krasinski as Jim Halpert
- Jenna Fischer as Pam Halpert
- Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute
- Ellie Kemper as Erin Hannon
- Jake Lacy as Pete Miller
- Phyllis Smith as Phyllis Vance
- Oscar Nunez as Oscar Martinez
- Brian Baumgartner as Kevin Malone
- Angela Kinsey as Angela Martin
- Clark Duke as Clark Green
- Creed Bratton (actor) as Creed Bratton
- Leslie David Baker as Stanley Hudson
- Catherine Tate as Nellie Bertram
- Craig Robinson as Darryl Philbin
- Kate Flannery as Meredith Palmer
|Season 8||The Office - Season 9|
|#01||New Guys||#07||The Whale||#13||Junior Salesman||#19||Stairmageddon|
|#02||Roy's Wedding||#08||The Target||#14||Vandalism||#20||Paper Airplane|
|#03||Andy's Ancestry||#09||Dwight Christmas||#15||Couples Discount||#21||Livin' the Dream|
|#04||Work Bus||#10||Lice||#16||Moving On||#22||A.A.R.M.|
|#05||Here Comes Treble||#11||Suit Warehouse||#17||The Farm||#23||Finale|
|#06||The Boat||#12||Customer Loyalty||#18||Promos|