It is also an agrotourism attraction. Dwight runs a bed and breakfast out of his home. According to Dwight, agrotourism consists of tourists coming to a farm, showing them around, giving them a bed, and giving them breakfast. Dwight manages the books of the Bed and Breakfast from his sales desk at Dunder Mifflin Scranton. When a potential client calls Dwight answers the phone by saying "Guten Tag, Schrute Farms".
- Check in for the B&B is at 3:20 and no earlier and Check out is at 5:15 no later.
- Mose's job at the B&B is Bellboy and Activities Director.
- King and Queen beds are unavailable because Schrute Farms makes their own mattresses that do not conform to modern mattress sizes. Twin beds, or the closest thing to a twin bed, are available.
- Accommodations are offered for guests with special needs, dietary restrictions, or bed time story requirements.
- According to Trip Advisor, the B&B caters to the elderly.
- Schrute Farms also hosts events such as weddings and garden parties.
- Plowing Fields
- Making Tables
- Beet Wine Classes
- Mattress Making
- Tour of the fields
- Tour of the barn
- Mose's table making demonstration
- Dawn Goose Walks
- In the episode Money from Season 4 Jim and Pam stay in the Irrigation room, take a beet wine making class, work in the fields, and go on a dawn goose walk.
- Angela and Andy were planning on having their wedding at Shrute Farms.
- In Season 1 Pilot Dwight mentions he is restoring a car in his slaughterhouse.
- Later in Season 6's episode The Meeting he tells Toby about restoring a train engine in his slaughterhouse while the two of them are spying on Darryl.
- Dwight has an iMac in his room in the B&B.
- At one point, Schrute Farms was completely wireless, becaue Mose hid the wires.
- Jim and Pam make jokes calling Schrute Farms Embassy Beets, a reference to the Embassy Suites hotel chain, Raddish Inn, a reference to the Radisson chain of hotels, Borscht Inn, a reference to a soup made from beets, and Beets Motel, a reference to The Bates Motel from the movie Psycho.
- The size of the farm is sixty acres, however in the last season he inherits his Aunt Shirley's neighbouring farm and the farm is now 1600 acres.
- There is crossbow/paintball range on the property.
- Teens often use the farm for sex.
- Some of the mattresses are over 200 years old.
- For other information see TripAdvisor. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52842-d730099-Reviews-Schrute_Farms-Honesdale_Pocono_Mountains_Region_Pennsylvania.html
Filming Location: Golden Oak Ranch, 19802 Placerita Canyon Rd, Newhall, CA.