Schrute Farms is the residence of Dwight and Mose Schrute. They grow beets, which they sell to local markets, hemp, as well as keeping various animals on a seemingly non-commodified level. Schrute farms are originally 60 acres inherited from his father and after his Aunt Shirley's death, Dwight inherits another 1600 acres.
It is also an agrotourism attraction. Dwight runs a bed and breakfast out of his home. According to Dwight, agrotourism consists of tourists coming to a farm, showing them around, giving them a bed, and giving them breakfast. Dwight manages the books of the Bed and Breakfast from his sales desk at Dunder Mifflin Scranton. When a potential client calls Dwight answers the phone by saying "Guten Tag, Schrute Farms".
- Check-in for the B&B is at 3:20 and no earlier and Check out is at 5:15 no later.
- Mose's job at the B&B is Bellboy and Activities Director.
- King and Queen beds are unavailable because Schrute Farms makes their own mattresses that do not conform to modern mattress sizes. Twin beds, or the closest thing to a twin bed, are available. One of the biggest attractions is the 200-year-old mattresses.
- Accommodations are offered for guests with special needs, dietary restrictions, or bedtime story requirements.
- According to Trip Advisor, the B&B caters to the elderly.
- Schrute Farms also hosts events such as weddings and garden parties. In "Customer Survey" he provides information about the Excalibur Wedding Package.
- Plowing Fields
- Making Tables
- Beet Wine Classes
- Mattress Making
- Tour of the fields
- Tour of the barn
- Tour of the slaughterhouse
- Mose's table making demonstration
- Dawn Goose Walks
- Beehive maintenance and honey harvesting
- Beet Planting
- In the episode Money from Season 4, Jim and Pam stay in the Irrigation room, take a beet winemaking class, work in the fields, and go on a dawn goose walk.
- Angela and Andy were planning on having their wedding at Schrute Farms.
- Andy hosts a Garden Party to impress his parents and Robert California at Shrute Farms.
- Dwight has his own wedding with Angela at Schrute Farms.
- In Season 1 Pilot Dwight mentions he is restoring a car in his slaughterhouse
- In Season 2's episode Office Olympics, Dwight mentions the farmhouse has 9 bedrooms.
- Later in Season 6's episode The Meeting he tells Toby about restoring a train engine in his slaughterhouse while the two of them are spying on Darryl.
- Dwight has an iMac in his room in the B&B.
- At one point, Schrute Farms was completely wireless, because Mose hid the wires.
- Jim and Pam make jokes calling Schrute Farms Embassy Beets, a reference to the Embassy Suites hotel chain, Raddish Inn, a reference to the Radisson chain of hotels, Borscht Inn, a reference to a soup made from beets, and Beets Motel, a reference to The Bates Motel from the movie Psycho.
- The size of the farm is sixty acres, however, in the last season, he inherits his Aunt Shirley's neighboring farm and the farm is now 1600 acres.
- There is a crossbow/paintball range on the property.
- Teens often use the farm for sex.
- Some of the mattresses are over 200 years old.
- It was used for people who did not support the civil war to go and meditate peacefully.
- For other information see TripAdvisor. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52842-d730099-Reviews-Schrute_Farms-Honesdale_Pocono_Mountains_Region_Pennsylvania.html
Filming Location: Golden Oak Ranch, 19802 Placerita Canyon Rd, Newhall, CA.