Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Paper Airplane" is the twentieth episode of the ninth season of the American television comedy series "The Office" and is the show's 196th episode overall. It aired on April 25, 2013.
In the episode, Dwight and Angela compete in an office-wide paper airplane contest with a cash prize. Local talent agent Carla Fern helps Andy with his first acting role in an industrial film. Jim and Pam try to use new skills they have learned in couples counseling.
- Dwight refers to the new paper as the "Cadillac of paper". The name Cadillac was once associated with luxury and quality. To say that something is the "Cadillac of X" means that it is the best X of all.
- Andy notes that if he is successful in his industrial film, he could potentially land a role in the movie Moneyballs 2, a sequel to the 2011 film Moneyball starring Brad Pitt.
- When told to act like he is doing a newscast, Andy does a Tom Brokaw impersonation.
- Andy also says that if necessary he will go all-nude for the role in a "full-on Lena Dunham."
- Darryl tells Andy that he was in a production of The Wiz in high school.
- Kevin mistakes Orville and Wilbur Wright—the credited inventors of the airplane—for "Wilbur and Orville Redenbacher"—a brand of popcorn.
- In the last scene, when Jim and Pam resolve their differences, the cut-scene shows Jim's brother Tom reading 1 Corinthians 13:7–13 from the Christian Bible.
There is a paper airplane contest in the warehouse, and Angela and Dwight compete for the prize. Meanwhile, Andy is preparing for an industrial film. He remarks that things in eyes freak him out, when he sees Toby, who got stabbed in the eyes by Pam when she threw her air plane. Andy is rather stressed out, and once he overcomes his fear is willing to stick his eyes in the chemical eye washer twice. Back in the office, Jim and Pam confirm they are in couple's counselling. After the first session, they become more honest with each other, lightening the stress on their relationship some what. At the end of the episode, Pam runs after Jim when he says he's going to Philly again. She runs out to the taxi to give him his umbrella, which he left on his desk by mistake. They embrace, although Pam is hesitant at first, but passionately kisses Jim. A Bible reading from Jim's brother at their wedding plays in the background about love. They share a synchronized "I love you" as the episode comes to an end, repairing and mending the breaks in their past.
Connections to previous episodesEdit
- The official Office Andy Bernard "GetGlue" sticker was released alongside this episode.
- Ed Helms as Andy Bernard
- John Krasinski as Jim Halpert
- Jenna Fischer as Pam Halpert
- Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute
- Ellie Kemper as Erin Hannon
- Jake Lacy as Pete Miller
- Phyllis Smith as Phyllis Vance
- Oscar Nunez as Oscar Martinez
- Brian Baumgartner as Kevin Malone
- Angela Kinsey as Angela Martin
- Clark Duke as Clark Green
- Creed Bratton (actor) as Creed Bratton
- Leslie David Baker as Stanley Hudson
- Catherine Tate as Nellie Bertram
- Craig Robinson as Darryl Philbin
- Kate Flannery as Meredith Palmer
- Roseanne Barr as Carla Fern
- Nora Kirkpatrick as Esther
- Steve Carell as Michael Scott (stock footage only)
|Season 8||The Office - Season 9|
|#01||New Guys||#07||The Whale||#13||Junior Salesman||#19||Stairmageddon|
|#02||Roy's Wedding||#08||The Target||#14||Vandalism||#20||Paper Airplane|
|#03||Andy's Ancestry||#09||Dwight Christmas||#15||Couples Discount||#21||Livin' the Dream|
|#04||Work Bus||#10||Lice||#16||Moving On||#22||A.A.R.M.|
|#05||Here Comes Treble||#11||Suit Warehouse||#17||The Farm||#23||Finale|
|#06||The Boat||#12||Customer Loyalty||#18||Promos|