"Koi Pond" is the eighth episode in the sixth season of The Office and the 108th episode overall. It was written by Warren Lieberstein and Halsted Sullivan, who had most recently wrote the episode, Cafe Disco and directed by Reggie Hudlin. It aired on October 29, 2009. It was viewed by 8.20 million people.
Michael and Jim prepare to go to a business meeting, and Michael falls into a koi pond at it, and he becomes soaked. Michael tries to get the office not to make fun of him, but eventually learns from a video tape offered by Meredith that Jim let Michael fall in.
Andy and Pam, the two poorest-performing salesmen, are sent on cold calls. The potential clients assume that the two are a married couple, and Pam eventually agrees to play along. Andy, however, takes the role-play too far and makes Pam uncomfortable. They land no sales. On the car ride back to the office, Andy admits to liking Erin, and Pam tries to help the two get together.
Connections to previous episodesEdit
- Creed offering to sell blood to children is a callback from when Creed stole blood from the blood drive in the Season 5 episode, "Blood Drive."
- This is the second time Michael ends up soaking wet. The first is in "Dunder Mifflin Infinity".
- Meredith is using her coffee mug from Kelly that is first seen in "Customer Survey".
In the deleted scene that was removed after the premiere of the episode, the staff put up a haunted warehouse for the local children. Each staff member is wearing a halloween costume.
- Michael- Character from SNL's "Dick in a Box", "Mother Lover" and "3-Way" Sketch
- Dwight- Jigsaw
- Jim- Facebook
- Darryl- Wearing a jack-o-lantern shirt, Michael refers to him as a "gangster pumpkin"
- Angela- Black Widow
- Kevin- Paul Blart
- Erin- Princess Fiona
- Kelly- Leeloo from "The Fifth Element"
- Ryan- Edward Cullen
- Creed- Dracula
- Meredith- Hobo
- Mose- Himself
- Oscar- Sarah Palin
- Andy- Michael Jackson
The original opening for the episode involved the office putting together a haunted house in the warehouse for some children. The opening was removed however after people were offended by a scene of Michael hanging himself.
Do Not Mock List
- Michael- Koi Pond, Fountain (he says he also fell into the fountain at the Steamtown Mall)
- Dwight- Nose too small
- Erin- Orphan
- Kevin- Huge Gut
- Angela- Shrimpy (Then she says that some people think she eats like a squirrel. After noticing the word Shrimpy, Phyllis' comment, "So you're comparing yourself to a cute tiny animal?" makes more sense.)
- Meredith- Sex with a terrorist
- Phyllis- Acid Reflux
- Stanley- Crosswords
- Ryan- Kelly
- Michael walks in soaking wet, but instantly lies about the circumstances that led to this. This is unlike Dunder Mifflin Infinity, where he admitted what had happened to him. It is possible that Michael only told everyone he drove into a lake when he had someone to blame, technology / Ryan.
- Steve Carell as Michael Scott
- Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute
- John Krasinski as Jim Halpert
- Jenna Fischer as Pam Halpert
- B.J. Novak as Ryan Howard
- Ed Helms as Andy Bernard
- Leslie David Baker as Stanley Hudson
- Brian Baumgartner as Kevin Malone
- Kate Flannery as Meredith Palmer
- Creed Bratton (actor) as Creed Bratton
- Mindy Kaling as Kelly Kapoor
- Ellie Kemper as Erin Hannon
- Angela Kinsey as Angela Martin
- Paul Lieberstein as Toby Flenderson
- Oscar Nunez as Oscar Martinez
- Phyllis Smith as Phyllis Vance
- Tom Yi as Tim Dockery
- Amy Weaver as Keena Gifford
- Jennifer Hasty as the Receptionist
|Subtle Sexuality||The Office: Season 6||"The Mentor"|
|#01||Gossip||#07||The Lover||#13||Secret Santa||#19||St. Patrick's Day||#25||The Chump|
|#02||The Meeting||#08||Koi Pond||#14||The Banker||#20||New Leads||#26||Whistleblower|
|#03||The Promotion||#09||Double Date||#15||Sabre||#21||Happy Hour|
|#04||Niagara, Part 1||#10||Murder||#16||Manager and Salesman||#22||Secretary's Day|
|#05||Niagara, Part 2||#11||Shareholder Meeting||#17||The Delivery, Part 1||#23||Body Language|
|#06||Mafia||#12||Scott's Tots||#18||The Delivery, Part 2||#24||The Cover-Up|