Season 3 Edit
Karen is a co-worker of Jim's at the Stamford branch. Before Jim arrived, Karen was a likely candidate for the position of Assistant Regional Manager. At first, she doesn't think Jim fits in there and dislikes the way he looks at the camera, but eventually she grows to like him, apparently developing a crush on him.
Jim and Karen continue a steady relationship throughout the rest of season 3. After their job interviews in New York, Jim leaves Karen in New York City and returns to Scranton to ask Pam out for dinner. ("The Job") In The Office Summer Vacation clip released early September Karen states that "Jim dumped my ass and left me crying by a fountain in New York".
Season 4 Edit
After returning from New York, Karen explains to Jim that she has worked too hard for her career and does not intend on leaving. However, the next day, she is not at the office and her desk is empty.
Season 5 Edit
Karen is pregos! Uh Oh! Jim is not the father after much speculation by Michael. She is married to a man named Dan. Karen asks Pam how Jim is doing and Pam tells her that she and Jim are engaged and Karen seemed genuinely happy for her.(Lecture Circuit Part 1) She makes a cameo appearance during the season finale.
Season 7 Edit
Karen appeared in Michael's movie "Threat Level Midnight". In it she appeared as a girl at a bachlorette party and flirts with Michael in it. Karen is later interviewed about it and asks the cameras why they are singling her out. In the movie, she also participates in "The Scarn", a crazy dance involved in the film with the rest of the people in the scene. (Threat Level Midnight).
- Karen was a regular member of the Party Planning Committee during her time at the Scranton branch.
- Ryan admits to having asked Karen out by email after the Stanford and Scranton branches merged. She turned him down. ("Women's Appreciation") Ryan lies about the incident to Kelly, turning the story around and claiming that it was Karen who had asked him out, and he turned her down.
- Karen dates Jim Halpert throughout the third season. Outside of the Office universe, Rashida Jones and John Krasinski dated for a brief period of time.
- Karen is the first female manager of a Dunder-Mifflin branch seen on the show. The Second female manager was Nellie Bertram .
- Karen was twice passed over for promotion in favor of someone from the Scranton branch. In a deleted scene in "Gay Witch Hunt", she mentions that Jim received the position of Assistant Regional Manager over her. In "The Job", she is interviewed for the position of VP of Northeastern Sales, but the job ultimately goes to Ryan Howard.
Karen also appeared in the following episodes: