Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Andy Bernard went to Cornell (graduating in 1995 with an unspecified Bachelor of Arts) and is smug about it. He was, by his own admission, not a particularly good student.
- "I went to Cornell. Ever heard of it? I graduated in four years, I never studied once, I was drunk the whole time. Even banged broccoli Rob now and again." (talking head interview, Gay Witch Hunt)
- "You should be an English professor at Cor-not University." (sparring with Dwight, The Merger)
- "I started the main Frisbee golf club at Cornell. Where I went to college." (to Jim, The Convict)
- "Football: Cornell/Hofstra: Slaughter." (sucking up to Michael, The Return)
- "I graduated from anger management the same way I graduated from Cornell: On time." (talking head interview, The Negotiation)
- "He's classy. He gets me. He went to Cornell." (Michael, Beach Games)
- "The capital of Maine is Montpelier, Vermont, which is near Ithaca, New York, where I went to Cornell." (interviewing with Dwight, The Job)
- "Three months ago, I was nowhere. I was just a Cornell grad, in anger management." (talking head interview, The Job)
- "That school? Cornell." (talking head interview, Launch Party, deleted scene)
- "I got into Cornell off the Wait List." (talking head interview, Branch Wars, deleted scene)
- "Andy, was that coordinated by the Cornell Study Abroad Office?" (Angela, Dinner Party, deleted scene)
- The rear windshield of Andy's car has a Cornell sticker. (Chair Model, Did I Stutter?)
- Andy introduces himself to the client as "Andy Bernard, Cornell '95." (Job Fair)
- Andy becomes upset when Dwight wears a Cornell sweatshirt. (Employee Transfer)
- "I took a crapload of women's studies at Cornell. I wrote a companion to The Vagina Monologues called The Penis Apologies." (The Inner Circle)
Andy Bernard was not particularly gifted academically.
- By his own admission, he "never studied once." ("Gay Witch Hunt")
- He failed Introduction to Philosophy and had to take it again. ("Business Ethics")
As a high school student, Andy tried to lead a student protest against standardized tests, but chickened out and took the SATs anyway. ("Shareholder Meeting") He scored a 1220, which is the 80th percentile in general, but is a poor score for a Cornell student, putting him in the bottom 25% of the student population. His poor score contributed to his being wait-listed at Cornell, but he was ultimately admitted because his father donated a building to the school. ("Branch Wars")